Purpose of This Notice
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. The information that we collect about you is used only to provide the legal and related services that you request from us In compliance with the GLBA, and also with Section 940 CMR 27.00 of the Massachusetts Regulations, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Warshaw, Di Carlo & Associates, P.C.
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information that we receive from you (including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, social security number, income, assets, liabilities and other financial or household information);
- Information about your transactions we secure from our files, or from others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information that we receive, with your authorization, from third parties such as your lender(s), attorney(s), real estate broker(s), accountant(s), financial advisor(s), insurance agent(s), banking institution(s), and others; and
- Information from public records.
The law firm does not disclose any public or nonpublic personal information about you that you have provided to us to anyone outside of our firm, except as authorized by you or as required or permitted by law. For example, with your consent, we may disclose personal information to a third-party contractor, such as an appraiser or accountant, who is assisting us in providing services to you. We do not sell client information to anyone or disclose client information to marketing companies.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. All law firm attorneys and employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of all nonpublic personal information about you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.